Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Time!

I think its finally spring! This weekend it was sunny and the temperatures were in the 50's and 60's and today the high was 70! Its been wonderful, we have been able to go on walks and play outside. On Sunday we went to the outlet mall and did a little shopping. Unfortunately for Jeff, Kate loved shopping. I think she liked looking at all the different things and colors. Kate got her first pair of sunglasses, we couldn't resist and she loved wearing them.Kate is 3 weeks old today! She is getting so big already. We have started giving 3 oz of formula/milk each feeding. You would think this would space out her feedings because she is eating more but she is still waking up every 2 to 3 hours to eat. She is still waking up once at night, twice depending on when we go to bed. I wish she was sleeping longer at night but Ill take what I got for now. Kate is becoming more alert which means she smiles more, makes more funny faces, but it also means she cries more. Yesterday was a very long day, all Kate did was cry. Nothing made her happy and unfortunately for me Jeff had bowling last night so it was just Kate and I. Ill be happy when bowling is over! Its really nice to hand her off for a while when Jeff gets home from work. Kate is also not sleeping as much during the day which makes it hard to get anything done. It usually go like this, she eats and I change her then she is a wake playing/hanging out for an hour or so. She then falls asleep but not for very long maybe an hour then wakes up because she gets hungry. We have been having a lot of tummy time and playing on our playmate. She loves to look at the toys that are hanging but has not tried to reach up and grab them yet. We still don't play for very long, 10-15 minutes. I think she becomes too stimulated and gets frustrated.

No comments: