Thursday, April 22, 2010

Deja Vu

I sat in the comfy recliner in Kate's room with her swaddled in my arms, I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep. I was somewhere between awake and sleep when I felt something on my tummy or to me it felt like in my tummy. Suddenly I had flashbacks of all day sickness and rib pain and I was jolted awake. Thank goodness it was only Kate's hand moving inside of the swaddle and I'm not pregnant! Ill have to say I absolutely love being a mom but the journey to get here was not my favorite road Ive been down. To put it simple pregnancy really sucks! I wonder if we decide to have more children if I can be sedated for the whole nine months. They could just wake me up when its time to push.
Yesterday Kate went to the doctor for her two month appointment. She now weighs 12 lbs and 3 oz and is 24 1/4 inches. She also received five vaccines, four shots and one that was taken orally. Before Kate was born Jeff and I thought we would split these vaccines up so she wouldn't get so many at once. But after the last doctors appointment when she got her second Hepatitis B shot. We decided that lots of other children are fine when they get all of these vaccines at once and we would hate to put Kate through two days of pain. But it was so hard to watch as the nurse gave Kate shot after shot. Oh man was Kate mad, she turned so red, screamed and held my finger as tightly as she could. My heart broke for her. I'm really not looking forward for her four month appointment and more shots.














As you can tell Bella is a very jealous big sister. Anytime Kate is being snuggled so does Bella.

No comments: