Saturday, April 17, 2010

2 Months

Two months ago today there was a foot of snow on the ground, we sat in a hospital room sleep deprived and planning to take our bundle of joy home. Today Kate is now two months old, hard to believe!!! She is smiling and talking to us more and more everyday. She is even starting to sleep through the night, thank you sleep gods!!! She slept through the night two nights this week and the other nights she woke up around 5am. If you know me you know I love to sleep. My body and mind actually work best when I have +10 hours of sleep. As you can imagine I haven't got that much sleep since I was pregnant. Pregnancy was actually really good to me sleep wise. I never got too uncomfortable to sleep and when I would sleep in until 1pm I would just blame it on the pregnancy. I was really hibernating because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep like that until Kate was a teenager, maybe not even then.
Kate has found her mobile this week. She just lays in her crib and watches it when I'm making her a bottle or picking out her outfit for the day. On Friday, I woke up to her talking and laughing at it. I love going in to get her in the mornings because she is always so happy and has such a big smile when she sees you.
I feel Kate has gotten taller this week. I'm slowly seeing more and more 0-3 months clothes getting too small. I hope it gets warmer soon so we can just start wearing her summer clothes that are 3-6 months. I'm thinking if she keeps growing the way is has been she will be in 6-9 months before summer is over which will throw off all my seasonal clothing. All her 3-6 clothes are summer and all her 6-9 clothes are fall, there really isn't any in between.
Poor miss Kate has some hair issues, as you can tell. Crazy hair really don't describe her hair. There isn't anything I can do to make it better. I try brushing it, I tried putting a bow in it the other day but the one side just stood straight up. Headbands don't work because the hair in the back isn't long enough and it just stands straight up. Do you think there are baby hair styling products?
This week Jeff's mom and dad stayed with us a couple of days. It was really nice to have them around, we have missed them. They are returning to Florida on Sunday but they will be closer this summer so we can go visit them.
Also this week, Jeff introduced Kate to the Bengals. I told him that she was too young to be introduced to disappointment but he just gave me the evil eye. Oh well she will learn soon enough.
I think this is her Who-Dey face : )
So Kate and I had a little photo shoot, as you maybe able to tell because all the pictures are the same. All I wanted was to show everyone her beautiful smile. But every time I got the camera out the smiles went away and of course as soon as I turned the camera off she would be laughing. After about an hour of taking pictures Kate said "You better get that thing out of my face! I don't like it!" Or at least I think that is what this means.

No comments: