Wednesday, September 2, 2009

17 Weeks





Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.




Morning sickness is getting better and my appetite is growing. For the past four days I've gotten up at 7am and have been starving. I cant even ignore it and go back to sleep I have to get up and eat. But I will take this over morning sickness any day.
The baby is still moving a lot and I'm starting to notice the movement more and more. I also learned a new trick today. If I drink orange juice it makes be baby dance! It made the baby constantly move for 40 minutes or so. This is the longest Ive have felt the baby move. Usually its only for a few minutes.
We also went to Target today to check out their baby furniture. I was pleasantly surprised to see that not only did they have them in the store but that the quality was comparable to other cribs that we have looked at but they were much cheaper. Only two more weeks until we finally know what gender our baby is and can start preparing for its arrival.
Jeff is also excited to learn that our baby now has fingerprints which means in his mind it now has an identity.

No comments: