Monday, July 13, 2009

9 weeks



Your baby has officially graduated from a embryo to fetus. This week tiny muscles are starting to form. This will allow your fetus to move his or her arms and legs, though it'll be at least another month before you'll be able to feel those little punches and kicks. The baby's heartbeat can now be heard via a Doppler device at your practitioner's office.




Nothing is really new this week. I still have morning sickness that last all day. At the beginning of last week I had two days in a row that I felt fine and I got a little hopeful that I was over the hump, but I haven't had a good day since and that was last Tuesday. My mom bought me a book that contains old wives' tales, traditions, poems, and stories; it is very interesting. Out of a desperate attempt to solve my morning sickness, I read that section again hoping it had some magic cure, it didn't. Anyways it said that in Korea, where my grandma is from, that women welcome morning sickness and call it the enjoyable sickness. Ha! My inner Korean laughed so hard she fell off the couch! Enjoyable is not how i would describe this.
There are some things I'm looking forward to. I have a doctors appointment next Tuesday and I'll get to hear the heartbeat again : ) Also it is exciting to think that in four weeks I'll be able to feel the baby move! And in eleven more weeks we will know the sex of the baby and we can start preparing for our little olive to arrive.


I don't know if the baby bump is any bigger than the last picture but I sure feel like it. I told Jeff the other day that now when I look down my belly sticks out more than my boobies (Jeff's editing! ha!) for the first time forever. I also can't wear any of my pants without the bellaband. I already feel uncomfortable with my new self and its only the beginning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Susan, I am pretty sure if you tell your doctor about your never ending morning sickness there is a medicine they can give you to help with it. Just an idea, because no one should have to be that sick all the time! Love you.
Robyn