Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 weeks

We had a doctors appointment this morning and everything is looking good. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again it was 164 beats per minute, which is wonderful. I did however lose 6 pounds since my last appointment about a month ago, that's what happens when you have morning sickness all day long! So they finally put me on anti nausea medication, Zofran, http://www.drugs.com/zofran.html. I took it around noon today and I felt fine for about an hour but I'm starting to feel a little sick again but nothing compared to how I usually am so maybe its working! I did read a little about it and its kinda made me uneasy. It's a new drug and it's never been tested on women who are pregnant only pregnant animals so they dont know if it effects the devolpment of the fetus or not. I think I will only use it when I cant keep anything down and have tried everything else.
According to the what to expect with your expecting book, the website I've been getting the weekly updates from is not working so no cute picture this week : (, the baby is the size of a prune which is about 1 1/2 inches long. Bones and cartilage are forming and the baby's elbows are beginning to work. The stomach is starting to produce digestive juices and the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine. Every time i think about this it kinda grosses me out. Someone is peeing inside me, YUCK!!! Also this week if the baby is a boy his testes are producing testosterone!

No comments: