Sunday, June 28, 2009

First Ultrasound

Here are the pictures from our first ultrasound on Tuesday. The ultrasound tech said the baby is about the size of a grain of rice, at least in these pictures its probably a little bigger by now. The pregnancy book says about the size of a blueberry. We also got to hear the heart beat, the tech said that the fetal heart rate was 107, which she said was good. I know it sounds a little low for the first ultrasound but its because the baby is only about 6 1/2 weeks old. The heart beat only started to beat at the beginning of the 6 weeks. I know this because I read that the heart beat should be between 110-120, searched the internet and my pregnancy book for hours to figure out why it wasn't in that range; I know worried mom already. I can't wait until our next appointment in mid July to hear the heart beat again. It was so amazing!







As for only having "hunger" sickness I wish that was the case. I have full blown morning sickness which just happens to last all day long. It's really hard to get out of bed in the morning and to function during the day. I've been trying to drink sprite and that seems to help a little bit-thanks Robyn!!! I've also learned to trust my stomach when it tells me I shouldn't eat something or stop eating something. The thing I can't stand to eat or even smell is pizza for some reason. It's also hard to prepare dinner if it has any raw meat that needs to be cooked. So as you can probably guess, Jeff and I have been eating out a lot this past week.

Something else is new this week. I can't button my pants anymore! So I went to Target and got what is called a Bella Band. It goes around my waist, over my pants/shorts to hold them up. I'm hoping that this will get me through the rest of the summer so I don't have to buy any maternity shorts.

No comments: