Today Kate had her doctor appointment. I'm so glad that she only has one every three months because she is a handful during the appointment. She cried the whole time and didn't want anyone to touch her or mess with her. She did get three shots today but she was crying so much I don't think she even noticed. Since her last appointment Kate has gained two pounds putting her at 23 pounds and she grew about an inch putting her at 31 inches. I could swear she grew more than that, she is so tall.
In the past year Kate has gained 15 pounds and grown a little more than 10 inches. She has also gained a lot of personality. She will defiantly tell you when she doesn't like something, she even fake whines now to let you know something isn't perfect. I say fake whines because she just wrinkles up her nose and has a annoying, sad whine but you can make her laugh at a drop of a hat. Kate laughs all the time. She loves it when her daddy throws her up in the air or when he dances around. She still loves to read books. There is a huge basket of her books in the living room and she makes sure she reads each one everyday. Kate also loves to get mail. She received quit a few cards for Valentines day and her birthday, she made sure she studied each one very carefully and carried them around. So if you ever want to make Kate's day just send her a card. Kate also loves to get her picture taken now. You can get a good picture if you are fast enough because she is always moving. I cant wait to have her year pictures taken, probably in the next week or so. I hope they are amazing because I feel like we don't have any amazingly good pictures of Kate and she is just too cute not to.
Kate is still a good eater. We are totally done with formula and are only eating table foods. There are only so many things she can eat so I feel like she eats the same thing every day. Some of her favorites are cheese, blueberries, grapes, peaches, toast, grilled cheese, chicken, graham crackers, and raisins. Her new favorite all time food are gold fish crackers, she screams with delight when she sees the package. You may notice that there are no vegetables in her favorite things. I feel like ever since we introduced meat into her diet she doesn't want to eat her veggies. Although, she went from having fresh vegetables to frozen vegetables because of the season. Kate has also discovered that it is funny to feed them to Bella. She is so funny about it. She tries to be so sneaky about it but she giggles when she does it. Then when you yell at her she sits straight up and just looks at you like " What? I didn't do anything!".
Kate is still not walking or even trying to stand by herself. She has been using her walker a lot more though. I cant wait until she can walk and go outside to play. Spring is just around the corner : ) I hope!

1 comment:
It's a good thing you pointed out the sunset because we were focused on Kate. She is a doll! The sunset is pretty too.
Post a Comment