Friday, January 21, 2011

Playing in the Snow

Yesterday, it snowed here all day and I thought it was finally time for us to let Kate play in the snow. I never let her go outside before because we really weren't prepared to, she didn't have snow pants or boots. But for Christmas our neighbor gave Kate snow pants and a coat. It was kinda weird, but very nice, our neighbor doesn't speak English so we don't know each other very well and she has only seen Kate on a few occasions. I'm pretty sure she thinks Kate is a boy because the snow pants and coat are navy blue with a red stripe down the side. Anyways, on Wednesday I went out in search for snow boots and a sled to prepare us for the perfect snowy day but instead I found sandals and beach pails. I'm not sure who in Ohio buys sandals and beach pails in January but I want to go live with them. I did find one pair of boots that were Kate's size, they were pink cowgirl boots. I stood there in the aisle for about ten minutes debating to get them or not. I finally decided that Jeff would kill me for spending $15 on pink cowgirl boots and he would probably never let Kate wear them in public. Poor Kate was stuck wearing sneakers with multiple pairs of socks on.
I was really surprised that Kate actually liked playing in the snow. I thought she would cry as soon as we put her down but she was so happy. She laughed at Bella running around and crawled around the patio. I think we will have many more fun days in the snow.
I think I'm ready! I just need my hat.

This is fun!


No comments: