Tuesday, January 18, 2011

11 Months


My baby turned 11 months old on Sunday. I know I say this all the time but I cant believe this year has gone by so quickly. Kate seems to be learning new things everyday so I'm just going to do a list of stats because there are so many of them.
*Kate is eating all table foods now and seems to like feeding herself a lot more then us feeding her. I still haven't tried giving her the spoon to feed herself. I'm a little scared of the giant mess that would follow. We are starting the transition from formula to whole milk this week. I'm going to start small with 2 oz and move up. So when the formula that we have is gone no more formula! Next will be potty training : ) Speaking of potty training, Kate went number 2 for the first time on the potty right after she went number 2 in the bath tub! She was playing and then all of a sudden there was the poop face! Luckily it was easy to clean up.
*Kate is still crawling everywhere but still cant walk. She will push her learning table around the living room and will walk when you hold her hand sometimes. Which is an improvement from a few weeks ago, she would get jello legs if you held her hands. I think she can stand and walk if she wanted to. I even catch her standing by herself sometimes and when I praise her for it she sits down.
*She loves to putting her nest cups into each other and playing with the bird cage she got for Christmas. She puts the birds back into the cage but cant get them back out so she shakes it until they come out.
*I'm not sure where Kate learned this but she will give you a big cheesy smile when you smile at her or get the camera out. She even says cheese, its more like "Eeee" but its super cute.*Kate talks all the time. She can say "Dada" and "Mama" but only when she needs me so hardly never and when she does its usually a sad crying Mama. I would like to point out though that Mama was her first word. She also says "Ba" for almost everything, book, blocks and Bella. She will say "Bell" if you say Bella first. Kate does say one real word, ball! It's so funny to hear her chasing it around the kitchen saying Ball ball.
*We installed some shelves along a wall in the basement for all of Kate's toys. I'm really happy with how it turned out and we have lots of extra space for more toys and books. Kate loves it too. She has so much more room to crawl around and there isn't anything she can get into. We do have to find a way to block the stairs because it open on one side so we cant use a gate. *Ive started planning Kate's 1st birthday party. Ive chosen a lady bug theme, love bug. I'm going to make a banner like this one for our mantle and her high chair. I cant wait to start on all the little details for the party.

No comments: