Monday, November 15, 2010

9 Months

Tomorrow is Kate's 9 month birthday! She has done so much this month and seems to change everyday. A couple weeks ago she actually went to bed with two teeth and when I brushed her teeth the next morning she had four more. It explained why she was so crabby the day before. At the moment she has seven teeth total, four on top and three on the bottom.

Kate is still crawling everywhere and getting into everything. She is starting to learn what no means, at least I hope she is starting to because I feel like I say "No" at least a million times a day! Her favorite thing to mess with is the TV and surround sound. I swear one day she is going to mess up the TV setting so bad that I wont be able to fix it. She has mastered furniture surfing and even lets go and stands on her own every once in a while. She always seems to climb on me when I'm sitting on the floor and then let go. I feel like she is starting to get tried of falling down though.

We have started giving her cheese which she loves, but who doesn't love cheese. We even get to start feeding her meat now. She will have a great first Thanksgiving because she can have a little bit of turkey and some sweet potatoes and if she is lucky some pumpkin pie.
Kate has also mastered drinking out of a sippy cup. Its nice to know if she is thirsty she has her cup because sometime I felt like she just wanted a bottle because she was so thirsty.
The animals have seemed like they have finally come to terms that they have to be nice to Kate or just stay out of her way. Rusty will still lay next to her for the couple of seconds that she stays still. Bella has her moments where she loves Kate and you have to pull Bella off of her. Then there are other times where Bella growls if Kate is even in the same room. Prince just kinda of stays out of Kate's way. His new favorite stop to sleep is in Bella's cage.

One of Kate's favorite activities is looking out the window. She just stares out the window and wave at cars and people when they go by. She also likes to kiss the baby in the window. I think this is so funny because I didn't teach this to her. One day I just noticed that anytime she saw herself in the window or in her mirrors she would give the baby a kiss . Now she will do it when I say "kiss the baby". Although, she will only kiss herself or her Elmo, she wont kiss mommy or daddy. She loves Elmo!!! I think she likes him because he is red, that's her favorite color, she likes to play with the red rubber duck in the bathtub as well. We also visit the Elmo's when we go to Target too. Her eyes just light up when she sees him sing and dance. Leaving Elmo at Target is getting harder and harder though, last time it ended with Kate yelling at me.

Kate still loves to read books. Her favorites are her Elmo book, which she kisses. She also loves her bunny book that she can pet the bunny and the books that she can lift the flaps. We have started going to the library for baby story time. Kate is the only one under a year old but she really liked watching the other kids walk around and of course looking at the books.

I'm going to leave you with some of Kate's funny faces. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

No comments: