Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Long Time No See

So its been awhile since Ive been able to update the blog, I guess my mommy duties have caught up with me. A lot has been going on lately. Two weekends ago Kate went to her first Reds game. Jay, Jeff's brother, got all the tickets for his company's suite and decided to share them with us, Jim, Gina, and the girls. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon with the family. I think Kate really enjoyed it. She loved that there were lots of new things to look at.
Kate has official out grown all her 0-3 month clothes. The other day I put a pair of pants on her and they were more like capris than pants. I hope it stays warm because all her 3-6 month clothes are summer clothes but it looks like its suppose to get cooler again. She will just have to hang out in a sleeper I guess. It's hard to believe that Kate will be three months old next week. Before we know it she will be running around with me right behind her cleaning up the path of destruction.
Apparently, Kate is a great escape artist. The other night we didn't go to bed until 4 am because she kept coming unswaddled and then waking herself up. That day Jeff went out and bought what I like to call the "baby straight jacket".
Stunt Baby

The baby straight jacket worked for about 36 hours then my baby Houdini figured out how to get out. I went in this morning and she had managed to get both arms out and a leg. Of course she was very happy to see me and show me her accomplishment. I was not so happy about the escape, hopefully she wont be able to do it again.
Kate has also discover the TV and all the fun things she can watch. Because of this Jeff and I have been more aware of what we are watching and what we don't want Kate to see. I have also discovered that the TV makes tummy time a lot easier. Before tummy time would only last 5 or so minutes now she will go for 20 or more minutes as long as she has something to watch. I'm just not as amusing as I was before so Ive been replaced by baby Einstein. Kate loves the one where they sing Old MacDonald and seeing all the animals. Bella on the other hand is very insulted that Old MacDonald didn't have a dog on his farm.
My mom will be coming down to visit this weekend. Kate cant wait to spend some time with her GG and we might even go to the zoo this weekend. I think Kate will like to see all the animals even if she doesn't know what they are, its something new to see.

No comments: